DEEPEN YOUR UNDERSTANDING OF TRAUMA AND GAIN REAL SKILLS IN MANAGING TRAUMA RELATED SYMPTOMS IN AOD SETTINGS
Do you want to add more skills to your work with clients who have experienced trauma?
This one day workshop provides participants with a practical, skills-based approach to responding sensitively and effectively to clients with co-occurring trauma and alcohol and other drug support needs.
Building on trauma-informed approaches, Dr Richard Cash, 360Edge’s trauma expert will equip participants with practical skills to recognise the biopsychosocial impacts of trauma, integrate recovery-oriented interventions into their alcohol and other drug work, and attend to their own self-care.
- Deepen your knowledge of the biopsychosocial impacts of trauma and better recognise the relationships between trauma and alcohol and other drugs
- Apply a model for responding to trauma to the specific context of alcohol and other drug treatment
- Increase your range of sensitive responses to trauma disclosure
- Understand how to integrate trauma into screening and assessment
- Develop detailed case conceptualisation and treatment planning for clients with co-occurring alcohol and other drug and trauma
- Integrate trauma informed interventions and supports into your alcohol and other drug work
- Describe the evidence-based specialist trauma interventions, including how and when to refer
Cost: Earlybird: $295 | Standard: $355 | (Book 5 or more spaces for your team and save an additional 10% off the earlybird rate)
Facilitator: Dr. Richard Cash